Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Intro to Torque

DoNow: What makes good balance?

AIM: I can define torque and the direction of force that maximize the rotation around a pivot. I can describe analogs of twisting force and linear motion.

Activities:
- Submit Preview Notes Ch 11-12
- Tableshare & Color Review The BIG Race CER
- Tableshare & Review Torque… Whaaat? HW
- The Big Lift CER
- Torque Equation (notes)
- The Physics Balance Infomercial
- What Goes Around HW

Textbook Review: Ch 11.1-.3

Homework:
What Goes Around HWTorque… Whaaat? HW

Coming Up:
Rotational Force or Torque
Torque TEST, Dun-dun-DUUUN!
Semester Photo Project, Photo 1 Due: 09Feb15

3 Comments:

At February 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM , Blogger mister smith said...

After reviewing What Goes Around HW, I fixed some typos:

#1 Make the radius 1.0 m and change the angle to 150 degrees for more satisfaction.

#3 The sequence is confusing so reprint, or I'll provide the problem in class tomorrow. (this really only affects 1st period)

 
At February 3, 2015 at 7:38 PM , Blogger mister smith said...

From an email: Quick question, how am I supposed to find the horizontal distance without the horizontal component? Since I'm not given the angle of the ramp (for #6)

There is an image on the new version. The v translational after rolling down the ramp is v horizontal. Good luck!

 
At February 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM , Blogger mister smith said...

AH from 1st period mentioned my answers for Torque Whaaaat? #6 are wrong. I fixed them. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home